WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27
Each year the membership of Cedar Rapids First Assembly gathers together to receive a clear picture of the current state of the church and to hear about God’s plans for the future of CR First. All are welcome to attend this time of encouragement and prayer for the mission of CR First.
CR First exists to love and lead people to an authentic, life-changing relationship with Jesus.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Everyone who is passionate about the future of CR First is encouraged to attend. We believe that those who attend CR First are the church so there are no secrets with our finances or with the agenda God has placed before us; everything presented is a reflection of what God is doing in your life. Together let’s be a part of bringing Faith, Hope & Love to Eastern Iowa. We have our regular children’s and youth ministries taking place during the meeting, so bring the entire family for a night of celebrating what God has done.
WHAT WILL BE VOTED ON?
- CR First is led by the senior leadership teams of our pastors, the deacon board and the council of elders. Our deacon board serves as the executive board for the church and these positions are voted on by the voting membership. This year we have two open positions on our Deacon board. We have a nomination process that is overseen by the current board and they will present the candidates being voted on two Sundays before the meeting.
- Current members can recommend a candidate to be entered into the nomination process until Feb. 1. If you would like to nominate a person for consideration you may see the detailed description at the end of this page.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A VOTING MEMBER?
- You do not need to become a voting member to be a part of CR First. Voting members are those who are fully committed to the mission of CR First and voluntarily agree to be held responsible to help fulfill the mission. They are committing to serve, give and align their lives with the beliefs of the church. To become a member you must attend a class. The next class will be held on Wednesday, February 6.
- To sign up, or receive more information please email: [email protected]
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE DEACON BOARD
The Board of Deacons shall act in an advisory capacity with the Lead Pastor in all the administrative matters pertaining to this Assembly. The Board of Deacons shall be the custodians of the church property and shall be responsible for its maintenance. They shall be the executive body in the conduct of all functions and privileges of the Assembly as a church and a legal corporation. They must:
- Have been a member for at least one year & fulfill membership requirements
- Show evidence of a genuine experience of regeneration (the new birth).
- Show evidence of a consistent Christian life.
- Subscribe fully to the tenets of faith as set forth by the Assemblies of God.
- Show evidence of giving to the support of this church with tithes and offerings as God has prospered.
- Is engaged in the life of the church and regularly serves at CR First.
- Sign the Membership Commitment & Confidentiality Agreement
- Have a vision that compliments the Lead Pastor
- Has a passion to pray for and support the mission of the church
- Water-Baptized & Spirit-baptized with the initial physical evidence of speaking in tongues
- Has a leadership gifting, is a problem solver and have a positive, engaging attitude
- Embodies the principles of 1 Timothy 3:1-13
- Reviewed & Recommended by a senior leader
If you know someone who meets these qualifications and would like them to enter into the review process you may email their name along with a brief explanation for your submission to: [email protected]